Detroit Greenways Coalition
The Detroit Greenways Coalition (DGC) works to promote and build a network of greenways, Complete Streets, and bike lanes that will connect people and places, improve the quality of life, beautify neighborhoods, and stimulate neighborhood-level economic development in Detroit.
- Provide a collective voice for greenway planning, development and maintenance throughout the city.
- Share best practices, lessons learned and strengthen communication.
- Plan physical links between existing greenways.
- Solve operational challenges such as insurance and maintenance.
- Raise funds for construction, maintenance, and programming.
- Advocate for policy change in government that would support greenway efforts.
Current DGC trails include:
- Joe Louis Greenway
- May Creek Greenway
- Rouge River Greenway
- Greater RiverFront East District
- Underground Railroad Bicycle Route
- Much more